End of Life Services
Marches Home Care has provided specialist end of life care and palliative care to many service users and those with terminal illnesses. We recognise that it is important to people that they are able to choose to die at home in comfortable surroundings and we are committed to providing services that offer this choice, sensitively and responsively at times of need.
- Work in partnership with other agencies as this helps to provide seamless services and minimise the intrusion into the service user's life.
- Respond quickly to requests for end of life care services and adjust the service as required as the service user's needs change.
- We provide assessment and planning for the end of life care service invloving all affected parties. Ensuring you are able to make choices and decisions about the care received and to express individual wishes about how they would like their body and possessions to be handled after death.
- We have built excellent relationships with palliative care professionals and utilise the advice we are given during the assessment process and throughout the care service.
- Provide support and access to information about death and dying.
- Ensure service users have a dignified death.
- Train staff to support services users respectfully and to meet their needs for dignity, privacy and comfort.